Thursday, July 26, 2012

Name

The last time around we called our unborn baby "McNugget."  For an explanation on the gross backstory about why we came up with that name see here.  I am thanking my lucky stars I have not had such bizarre and repulsive cravings this time around.

Since I haven't had any real cravings yet (except maybe for Chinese food but I think I crave it even when I'm not expecting) nothing has really come to mind as a nickname.  Calling this thing #2 just isn't much fun.

I thought Julian might enjoy naming this one so I asked her today: "Juju, what should we call the baby in mommy's belly?"  She replied "uterus."  Jonathan and I nearly fell off our chairs laughing.  I think she said "uterus" because the first time we talked about a baby coming I explained the baby was growing in my uterus which was right next to my belly because I didn't want her to get confused or scared and think she could swallow something and suddenly something would grow in her belly (a la watermelon seeds) but I thought that all went over her head so I backtracked and reverted to using her words of "baby in your belly."  I guess it didn't all go over her head.

I'm not going to call this thing uterus so we're open to suggestions. . .

1 comment:

  1. Juju is absolutely amazing, I love her!

    Hmmm, you could call the baby J4. It almost sounds like an English boy band.

    I'll keep thinking about it though.

    ReplyDelete