Monday, July 16, 2012

Spilling the beans

Our intent was not to tell Juju about this pregnancy until it was at least half way over.  I didn't want her to feel anxious or upset and even if she fully embraced the idea, it's a long time for me to wait; I can't imagine how long the wait until January would be for a 4 year old.

But, Juju spoiled my plan as she figured everything out last week.  When I was dropping her off at school she asked, Mommy, why is your belly getting big?  I was not aware that I looked much different than my pre-pregnancy self so I brushed it off.

The next day, she asked the same thing and said "do you have a baby in your belly?"  And with that, the cat is out of the bag (and maybe I need to buy some maternity clothes?  Last time around I had a while to go before I needed to do that. . .)

1 comment:

  1. How'd she react???? I need more info. Have other folks asked you???

    ReplyDelete