Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Week 14 update

Welcome to trimester 2!  It's hard to believe this pregnancy is one third over, but I guess that's because I  haven't really felt pregnant (or known I was pregnant) for that long.

I kept up my commitment of going to prenatal yoga once a week by hitting the gym this morning and I'm even thinking about going again on Friday even though I am scared of the teacher on Fridays.

In clothing related news, I went to a great warehouse sale with lots of maternity-friendly options last weekend.  My friend Rachel and my friend Caroline (who keeps a blog of drop-dead maternity fashions called Pregnant Fashionista) have always raved about the designer Rachel Pally and now I know why.  Her clothes are beautiful and are made of the most delicious modal fabric.  Even at warehouse sale prices, her stuff is pretty expensive but it's really amazing.  I am particularly excited about a caftan I got in two colors that I think will look great even into my third trimester.  I can't find the exact dress I bought online but it's just like this one only it's not as long, it falls right below the knee.  They are holding another sale this weekend.  If you are in LA and want to go, let me know and I will forward you the info.

Aside from dressing my bump I am also in the process of finding and interviewing doulas.  Last time I worked with Becky Kopulsky who has since moved out of state.  I meet the first doula on Friday to see if we click.

No comments:

Post a Comment