Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Half-way home

Here is the week 20 update.  This means I am halfway through my pregnancy (though given my past history I will likely go past 40 weeks).

I feel good.  I am not as tired anymore (I think this is due to upping my iron intake) and I don't feel that uncomfortable.  I find that I lose my breath more easily (this morning I took a flight of stairs at Juju's school that I normally take and had trouble talking when I got to the top!).  I also still need to pee a lot.  I drink a lot of water but I thought the peeing all the time was only at the beginning and end of the pregnancy.  I am getting to know lots of new restrooms around town.

On Friday I have two appointments.  One is the regular 20 week check with my OB, the other is for the 20 week anatomy scan with my perinatologist.  We made the appointment before school so Juju can come with us.  My plan is to have Dr. Silverman tell Julian the sex and she can tell us.  She insists it's a girl (and I think she is right) so I think finding out now, at week 20 will be better than waiting until week 40.  In case she's wrong, we can start preparing her now for the idea of a little brother.

This pregnancy still doesn't feel real.  Perhaps because it's so early, and because I am still 4 weeks shy of the important 24 week mark when the fetus is viable.  I wonder when it will all sink in.

Lastly, I forgot to give a shout-out to my friend Dina who had a little girl about two weeks ago!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that's absolutely adorable to have Juju tell you, I love it. And you. And Juju. And Yoni. Have I mentioned I love you?

    I can't wait to see you preggers!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete